I was fortunate enough recently to be on a Lambcast with Vern. He has a great amount of energy for movies and films from the past especially. Appropriately, we were on a show reviewing the Movie of the Month as Jay is wont to do over there, every month ;). It was Howard the Duck and it was so cool to get Vern’s take o the film. I especially enjoyed his retro settings he described from that time period (1983). I had plenty of memories of my own and the show really turned into a good time, despite the marginal film (sorry Vern lol).
Anyway, I hope to stay connected with Vern for a long time. I have invited him to appear on the Damien Riley Podcast and he accepted so I just need to get that all sorted out and get him on as soon as possible. Stay tuned, it should be another awesome time. We’ll see what film from the past we can dig up and talk about, other than poor Howard lol.
The rules of the tag/award are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
I also want to give a word of thanks to Okoto Enigma for creating this award.
Ok, so I’ve been asked to tell my readers 3 things about myself. Here goes:
There’s three things about me. Now, I get to nominate 10 people. Wow, this will be tough there are so many to mention. Here are some that weren’t mentioned by Vern and I’d like to recognize out there. Keep up the good work!
I’ll notify these bloggers by comments on their blogs.
Now for the 5 questions I’m asking these good-hearted and talented bloggers.
- Did you ever give a film a score higher than it deserved because you knew your readers and/or the critics as a whole loved it? In other words, you didn’t want to look stupid.
- How do you dive in to doing a review online? What’s your routine or do you have one?
- Have you ever watched a movie on your phone?
- (silly one) If you are single, or even if you aren’t, what is your dating age range. ie; when I met my wife I would go no more than ten years older and six years younger. I had to break my rule to date her.
- Best suspense film?
Then they say to close with a good post of mine. Here’s one I’m proud of from my podcast. at 5 some odd minutes, it’s the longest on my podcast yet. I aim to keep them short.:
The Damien Riley Podcast #19 – Freedom and Activism in ‘Anthropoid’ & ‘The Grapes of Wrath’