My wife and I started walking together and so far it’s been really great. I got a real feeling of peace yesterday when did our ritual. My wife and I track what we eat on our phones and we are walking together every night, we’re healthier than we’ve ever been.
For a couple I think it’s so enriching making rituals to do together. These may not start out as simple or easy but as you settle in you know you have it to look forward to every week. We talk about food, health, and our bodies and it ironically brings me a real sense of peace to make that effort.
I’m so lucky to have someone to do things with in life. I was single for many many years and I longed for that. I think it’s important to remember when times do get tough that it’s a fortune when you have someone to go through life with. The wrong person can diametrically ruin your peace as well. On Monday evening as we get ready to go for our walk around the neighborhood, these are my thoughts.
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings?
Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky below
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.